The Weight Lifter

Friday, October 20, 2006

The End!

End of the Golds contest! I went from 274 to 233! Holy crap! I am about to end the fast (doing some chicken broth - will work up to chicken soup, maybe, later today). My scale said 234.8 this morning - so that's a -8.6 variance and a trend weight of 243.4

This has been a very interesting 3 months. While I won't win, I am very happy with how I've done. I am going to take a week off (so 14 days without weights, which is good!) from dieting and Warbiking.

I really think the Warbiking had a LOT to do with how well I did, and how much I lost. I have done over *100* hours of cardio in three months, which is wild. There is NO WAY I could have done that without Warcraft, or something like that - it's ability to suck me in and make me ignore what I"m physically doing is amazing, and made this possible.

One down side - my legs HURT! I have been doing this pretty much non stop. Even at Disney, I walked a crap load. I have also noticed the quality of the Warbiking has gone down - the first couple of months I'd do reall well, be panting and drenched by the end. Now I'm barely winded. Some of that is I'm just in better shape - but I think the constant leg ache is having a lot to do with it.

So the week off should be great. When I get back, I will still be Warbiking, but will limit a MAX of 2 hours a day (1 in the morning, one in the evening) and will shoot for 1 a day.

I will put together a wrap-up next week at some point - maybe show a pic of my Warbiking setup (that my GF hates :P), give my general thoughts, et al.


1 Comments:

  • At 2:32 PM, Blogger Tom, April and Kaitee said…

    I'm actually all for what you're doing here and trying to figure out how to do it in my house! I need to exercise more. I'm eating better and healing from several problems that went undiagnosed for a very long time and now I have the energy back to start moving more. However, I just don't have the time with a two year old and a house to keep up while working full time to walk 5 miles a day. I usually play a little WoW while I'm doing laundry and dishes and while the little one is napping when I am home, so if I had the bike set up, I could get an hour or two of cardio in on my days off and maybe even in the evenings when I get home from work and it's too dark to be walking where I live (no street lamps). I'm disappointed in the comment that you received that slams you for your "addiction". World of Warcraft is addicting, but you still deserve kudos for finding a way to not only curb your addiction, but also use it to your advantage so that you focus on the positive of each! And now I've rambled on enough I guess, but I couldn't keep my piece after reading that completely unfair comment.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home